Tanning while pregnant

as white as i am and as much as i LOVE to tan, i'd NEVER tan while pregnant.
well i was at a tanning salon with my mom this morning waiting for her and i was talking to the owner about getting me an unlimited membership next month after i deliver and she was telling me that she has a few pregnant girls come in and tan with a doctor's note..
idk about you all but i would NOT take the risk.

xLeeAnnex

Asked by xLeeAnnex at 4:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would never
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 4:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• nope, i made casper look tan while i was pregnant with my girls.. better safe than sorry!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't know whiat doctor would give them a note to go tanning. Mine didn't say anything to me although you can tell I don't tan. My sister goes to the same doctor and she was tanning so when she went when she was pregnant the doctor told her she couldn't tan while pregnant because it can cause birth defects
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• hell no i would never tan while i was pregnant i think its to risky
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't tan while pregnant either. Then again, I don't tan even when I'm not pregnant, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Wow. I would never tan while pregnant. Makes you wonder if the lady was just trying to make a sale! Lol I can't believe any doctor would do that....
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would NOT tan while pregnant. I cant believe any doctor would do that either.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't either but I know plenty of girls that do. The Dr.'s say that you can tan in a tanning bed as long as you don't get over heated. That is what is risky to the baby, but that is with anything you do.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 8:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• ~im shaking my head~ why would someone want to risk a baby's health for a little tan... i go tanning regularly, and there hasnt been one time that i havent gotten overheated! people these days!
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 9:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2011