Do you think both parents should have to pay 50/50 for the child? adult content

I have seen so many fathers pay mothers so little in child support do you think that it is fair? or do you think the cost of a child should be 50/50 by each parent? Tell me your opinion?

ashleypalomba

Asked by ashleypalomba at 4:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think it should be 50/50. It takes two to make a baby, so the responsibilities should be split equally. The mother already has already done more because we carry and birth them, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I personally think it's bullshit how little he pays for our two daughters. what he pays doesn't even cover half the food let alone clothes and school supplies!
    Anonymous

• You need to go to crazy for credits with your whining BS, you keep asking the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• thank you for your replies there is another person on one of my posts saying that I am a stay at home mom and complain about financial difficulties and that my son shouldn't have to go to school ,and that his father shouldn't have to pay for school. I am 23, married pay rent, bills, my 50 percent of out of pocket expenses, plus my sons fathers half because he doesn't pay them, car payment as well, and prob an additional 400-500 on things for my son. He only works 10 hrs a week and pays me 49 dollars a week thats not anywhere near half. He has no bills what so ever and lives rent free with his dad. Also lies on affidavits on his expenses so he doesn't have to pay more.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yesmaam I have asked you multiple times not the contact me on my posts. And no I am not asking the same questions over and over, I am asking peoples opinions not asking questions you tell me I have to grow up. You need to grow up, if I am bothering you so much stay off my posts. I feel like I am being harrassed by you.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I think custody and support should be 50/50.
    Anonymous

• Because you are coming across as money hungry, you said you and your husband support him just fine on your own. You also stated "deadbeat dad" does not work more than 10/week, do you think he is going to pull money out his ass? His other bills, such as the rent he doesn't pay is none of your business. And nobody said you had to have a car payment, I bet that could save you a penny or two
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 5:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If there is joint custody 50/50 is fair. If not then there should be common grounds met.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I actually htink the dad gets the raw end of the deal sometimes. Think about it. Woman get pregnant. Woman doesn't want baby. Woman aborts baby. Get out of jail free card. Woman get pregnant. Man doesn't want the baby. Who gives a shit because the mom does so he is screwed. No get out of jail free card for him. unless the mother hands it to him.
    Anonymous

• hahaha yesmaam I am far from money hungry at all. Sounds like you support the deadbeats of the world. If I didn't have custody of my child I would come and see my child and not complain about paying for my child. So your pretty much saying its okay for him not to look for a full time job and lie on affidavits to pay more? I don't see how thats money hungry if he wants to be called daddy and he shouldn't be complaining about having to pay for his son.

If he is going to complain then he should just sign his rights over and let my husband adopt him.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011