Ever seem like the judges are more for the fathers than the mothers rights? adult content

Have you ever felt that the judge is more in favor for the father and lets him get away with a lot? if so tell me your story.

ashleypalomba

Asked by ashleypalomba at 4:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'll let you know in 4 months.. sigh
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yep
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• From what I've seen, it's the opposite. I've actually felt sorry for some fathers because the mothers commonly get the upper hand, even when the children would be better off with the father. I've never personally been involved with anything like that, but I've known a lot of people who have. I know a girl who, when her son was 12 months old, decided she "didn't want to be a mother anymore". She moved across the country with her new boyfriend and left her son and husband. She came back two years later, wanted custody, and got it. I don't think that's fair. She abandoned him, the little boy got attached to his dad, didn't even know her anymore, and then she can just come and jump right back in like she never left? That doesn't seem right to me.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I believe it is historically the opposite
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Nope =) My ODS's bio dad is a jerk and never showed up at any of the court dates/meetings.. so everything was granted in my favor no matter what it was. I'm sure if he wasn't so stupid, then maybe he would have gotten a little more out of it than he did.
    GL all you mommy's that are having trouble!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would have to say that all the cases I have known about or seen the judges have been more on the mothers side.
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 4:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• She definatly shouldn't have gotten custody back after moving.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• no i feel its the other way around
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 5:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• She definatly shouldn't have gotten custody back after moving. "

I know. It makes me sick. That poor little boy. I cannot even IMAGINE leaving my son. You'd have to cut my arms off before you could separate me from him. Luckily he has a great dad who really stepped up and took over both roles. I'm sorry, but IMO, she forfeited her rights to being his mother when she decided she didn't want to be his mother anymore. She even had the nerve to post it on Myspace!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Theres been major changes in the court system in the past decade. It used to be more mother friendly, but many fathers rights groups have popped up and made some strides. Courts are constantly trying to keep up with the times, and have here lately started favoring fathers over mothers. I am sure we will see a turn again though. Everything seems to go through cycles.

Answer by gemgem at 5:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011