Would this get you mad?

okay my husbands friend always borrows money from us because he struggles to pay his bills. he always pays us back and when he says he will. but the thing is my dh works overtime and so could his friend but he chooses not to. so what gets me mad is my dh works extra and this guy can but doesnt in return hes always borrowing from us. i just feel if your ganna be lazy why should i feel bad and help? and trust me working the 18 hrs over time puts an extra 250 in our bank. would this bother you?

Asked by whitenena at 4:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• If it happened more than a few times . . yes . .. totally . . .it would bother me.

I am glad he is paying you back, though . . . . phew!

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yeah, that would bother me a bit. I don't see the point in giving someone money when they didn't earn it, especially when they can work overtime to help themselves.

Answer by febmom007 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If it made me mad I guess I would stop loaning it to him.

Answer by meooma at 5:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• as long as the friend pays me back no.. if they slip and say "oops not this week" and do it another time, yeah that would bug me.

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i'd be mad too, he needs to work harder and maybe he'd have money and wouldn't have to borrow from others.
    i don't feel sorry for people like that.

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 5:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• for sure bother me

Answer by letstalk747 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't loan him anything to begin with.

Answer by KairisMama at 5:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If you tell him you don't have it this week then next week he will have more in his pocket because he wouldn't have to pay you back. it is a continuios cycle that will never break if you keep enabling him.

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Stop loaning him money. If he can work to get it but chooses not to, he doesn't need it that bad.

Answer by scout_mom at 7:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• What percentage interest are you charging him? Are the loans on paper?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011