Working from home? Is anyone doing it? If so what? I need ideas. thanks!

I have a masters in research psychology (statistics, research methodology, etc.). I have a 3 year old a 4 year old and I just found out I am pregnant......Just when I was thinking about going back to work! I would really like to do something.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Money & Work

• When I was pregnant with #2 I decided to try Tupperware. That was 2 years ago and I LOVE IT!!!! Just find a product you LOVE. GOOD LUCK!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 9:59 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Honestly Im in the same boat and have looked for a long time for things you can do from home and most of them are scams. I also have a degree so I feel your pain. The best way really is to maybe offer some sort of daycare service. With your license you can get a state license from the state and sign up for kids whose parents get referrred by social services. The state sends you the payment directly so its guaranteed money because the payments are made for the parents directly to you. You can also try avon and other things but I found those more hassles then anything else.

Answer by gemgem at 10:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I work at home, I'm a web programmer. If you a masters in research psychology you should try affiliate marketing, you'd be great at it. Not like Cash Create and scams, but Amazon and high end companies. Go to works4mom.com you'll find an entire list of real work at home jobs - real pay check jobs. Works4Mom.com was featured on the evening news, it's a trusted site.
    Good luck.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:54 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Hi there! I also have a degree and 3 children so I chose to be a work at home mom instead of working out of the home. I chose a home business with Ameriplan and it is going great for me! You will find that there are not many legit work at home jobs out there so your best bet would be a home business. It's hard work but it does pay off!!! You are an intelligent Mama so you would do great with a home business! There are tons out there and they are so profitable because you work for yourself and no one else:-) If you would like to know specifics about what I do with Ameriplan jsut let me know, I would be happy to share!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 11:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Wow. I think there are numerous business' you can do at home. Start your own home based business though. Here are some good ideas for you:

www.squidoo.com/worksafelyathome
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have a degree too, but work from home to stay with my baby. I work around my families schedule. If you want information visit my profile on here and check out my post Legitimate Work from Home Job. Good luck with everything!
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I decided to start PartyLite when I had my first child. I have been doing it for over 4 years and I love it. The work is flexible, fun and not a scam. You work on this business just like any other self-employment. You may view my website at www.partylite.biz/candlelisac and I'd be happy to give you more info.

Sincerely,
    Lisa
    candlelisac

Answer by candlelisac at 3:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Try Mary Kay us ladies love to look beautiful all time..........................................
    Anonymous

• I work at home...I have three boys 15,8 and 5..we are a very sports oriented family so I am always on the go. But in March of 08 I found what I will be doing forever. I am a diamond candle distributor. If you would like if your interested just email me and we can go from there. I could send you some samples and an information packet. Good luck in whatever you decide!!
    Ilese
    angelmom10043@verizon.net

just put in subject candles!! or better yet enter to win a free candle at this site:

http://www.awakening4u.scent-team.com/weeklydrawing/index.php?dist_num=26957
    ilese

Answer by ilese at 4:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I work at home as an online tutor for a local college...I know this is becoming very popular. If you have your masters, you meet the requirements to teach at a LOT of local colleges. Don't forget just how many universities are offering online classes and you can apply all over the country to work from the comfort of your living room during your kids' nap times (This is why I'm working on my masters if you couldn't tell...lol) I know that pays about $7500 for every 12 hour class you teach each semester, so teach 2 classes without summers off and you're making $60k to be home with your babies...not bad.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2008