Do you think having a washing machine is a luxury or necessity?

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 5:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Necessity, I do not wash by hand. nor do I do dishes by hand.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Nessesity
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• A necessity of course.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Luxury. There are laundry mats in every town.

But dang, I'd hate to give it up!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I guess a luxury...you can wash clothes by hand. I think a necessity would be food, water, shelter.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• For me it would be a luxury to have my own washing machine and dryer because 1. I have to pay 1.50 to wash a load and dry a load. That's 3.00 per load. 2. I wash clothes by hand when I have no money. 3. Water in my apartment is paid so it wouldn't cost me hardly anything to wash my laundry!
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I am torn here. I guess it is a luxury to have one in your own home. Laundry mats are terribly inconvenient.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• We don't have a river we can wash our clothes in. We cannot walk to a laundromat. Oh, drive to the laundromat? Of course. But if I can afford a car, I can afford a washer and dryer, right? Maybe it would be considered a luxury by some but with the price of gas, the time cost (yes, if I am driving there and sitting at the laundromat, I am not working on my home business - hidden cost), it is an absolute necessity. Fun question, though, get's you thinking...
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 5:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• neccessity

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Necessity... you waist too much money at laundromats. You can pay off your washing machine in what you shell out at a laundromat in about a year. Of course you have to have the room for it and the hook ups
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 5:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011