Are you raising your children the way you were raised OR..

are you taking a different approach?

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• A combination. My mom was never active in my life so I decided from a very young age I would be a very involved mom who always showed her kids her love and support. That is something my mom never has done for me. But I do take the things I do agree with her on like discipline. I dont spank my children, I believe it is abusive to do that. I give allowances like my mom did, and make them earn their money in that way. So really it is a mix.

Answer by gemgem at 5:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• my own way.. the way i was raised involved a belt, a bible and praying that I could outrun one of my sisters so I wouldn't be the one that got the belt.
    Anonymous

• I am. My mom and dad have always been amazing parents and if I can be even half the parents they are, my son will be just fine. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I was raised pretty well. we were taught to be polite and speak our opinions. We were also taught to stand up for ourselves and never to lose our culture. I like to think that I'm raising my son in the same way. I think I read and do a lot more educational stuff with him though. I was read to a lot before I went to school but I started my son early and he is already smarter than most kids his age.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 5:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Like gemgem said, yes and no. My parents had some good points which I emulate (devotedness, stability, good providers), but there were some definite hardships to having been raised by them that I will try to stay away from with my own children. Break that cycle so to speak.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Less strict and alot more affectionate. but I do see alot of my views are the same as my mom and dad's.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Like the way i was raised, but a little different.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 5:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• As far from it as I can get. My kids will be told every day that they are loved. I can count on one hand the number of times I heard it growing up.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 5:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• im raising them different
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Total opposite, nothing like the way I was raised.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2011