Is it safe to go camping when you are pregnant?

abarthel915

Asked by abarthel915 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• sure is, just make sure you don't do anything you know is bad.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yes
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• and watch your footing! also make sure you have a really comfortable bedding
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 5:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• LOL! In most of the world people LIVE like we camp, and they seem to reproduce quite effectively!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Sure-why not??
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Reasons why not include not using bug spray bc of the chemicals in it and the risk of getting bites from bugs that could be harmful to your baby. I have been told a by some it is ok and others not to take the risk if you will be in the woods for a long period of time.
    abarthel915

Comment by abarthel915 (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• LOL I agree with adelicious. You will be just fine. I would just make sure you stay hydrated and fed.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• did the doctor say not to use bug spray or is that somthing a friend told you? i have never heard of that...... ask a doc if you havent already...
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 9:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I think its deet thats questionable ,
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• There are natural bug sprays, like citronella, and I've never heard of bug bites being harmful to the baby. I mean, I guess if you got west nile virus or something, but that's so rare and you could get it sitting on your back porch, so I wouldn't see the point of that. Good luck! I was 7 months pregnant with my first son and we were planning a weekend camping trip, only instead I went to the ER because I suspected I was in early labor and ended up "camping" for the next 3 weeks in the hospital! I probably would have been safer in the woods. LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:53 AM on Apr. 10, 2011