Do you think your child is smart?

Bugzmomma

Asked by Bugzmomma at 5:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes he is
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Of course. My daughter is above average in her classes and has been since she got into school. My youngest is only 2 but she is common sense smart so she knows what to do to get her way lol
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes.. but i think every parent thinks that about their child.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My DS is extremely smart in some areas and needs more work in others. My DD is extremely smart for her age, whether or not she continues to be a ahead of the curve is yet to be seen.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I think my son is amazing
    He is only 3-1/2 and he's lacking in some coordination and focus and its maybe affecting where some kids are at his level academically, even for his age but he's smart in SO many other ways :) He has an amazing eye for things and already a memory that surprises me daily - he is so silly and funny too - I am a very lucky Mommy.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I am a realist lol. I have 5 kids and as much as I would love for them to be all genius level, they are not. My oldest dd is above average intelligent, and has a high IQ along with my 11 yr old son. My 11 yr old son has a Genius IQ and we have always known he was gifted in that way. My other 3 are average intelligence but we learned to help them identify their own talents. I believe we were all born with a talent.

Answer by gemgem at 5:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I know my DD is very smart. She can sing the ABCs completely count to 20, knows a dozen songs, mostly speaks in sentences, and she will be 2 next month... when we take her out, people are amazed by her.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 5:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yup, a regular genius!

Honestly, I think my son's pretty average, but it doesn't keep me from feeling so much pride and admiration whenever I hear him use a new word or master a new task. :)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My little 4 year old girl is so freakin smart I call her smartypants!! This morning she was telling me what a Masiakasaurus eats, and she asked me if I knew that an Amoeba splits in half???? I have to start hitting the books soon.

Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My older daughter is emotionally smart and sensitive. My younger daughter has tested as highly gifted, and is in the gifted program at school. They're smart in their own ways.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011