What frozen foods make their way into your freezer?

There are a couple nights out of the week where I turn to the freezer for an answer to dinner. And even more nights for my PICKY 2 year old. I have decided that it is time to do a makeover on the types of food I let into our house. Especially the kid food that I wouldn't eat, why on earth have I been letting my kids chow down on it? It makes me feel bad.
So, until I can earn my "super mom" badge and cook meals ahead of time and freeze them and sneak veggies into them, what are some good organic starters for us? My kids are huge fans of chicken nuggets and pizza, you know, kid food. What is the best place to go to pick up stuff like this (keeping price in mind)?

McErin48

Asked by McErin48 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Go to Whole Foods which have almost all organic foods. There should be a huge selection. I buy some dinners at our regular grocery store in the frozen section
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• no whole foods around here. Go to www.localharvest.org and see if there are any Farmer's Markets in your area and this Spring and Summer use them and stock up. You could make organic chicken nuggets and foods your kids like for a lot less than their premade versions in stores. As far as pizza, I make pizza every week, I use my bread machine to make the dough (with organic flour) and use sauce I made from the tomatoes in our garden. I'm not really good at making cheese, but I have, so it's one of the non-organic foods I still buy, but I at least buy part-skim cheese, I also use less and put on lots of veggies and sometimes chicken or ground turkey.

BUT for now....if you have a BJ's near you I did notice recently that they have a LOT more organic versions of foods available. And at least being in bulk you can stock up and save a bit on the price.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My freezer is mainly veggies (some bought, some from our garden), meat (roasts, ground beef, whole chickens, fish [not the breaded stuff], fruits, and yes some pizza).
    Anonymous