What kind of parent

would u consider yourself a book parent or learn as you go parent??? im more of a learn as you go.. i hate reading lol

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm one of those "in the middle" parents. I will do the book them but I also would rather learn as I go at times
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Learn as I go. I told my kids from an early age none of them came with personal handbooks and I was learning about being a parent and about what worked along with them learning about the world. I told them I would screw up, I am anything but perfect, but I am their mom and God put me in charge lol.

Answer by gemgem at 5:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• both
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Well I do read a lot but I've found that none of the books even come close to knowing my daughter (lol) So i'm definitly a learn-as-u-go mom
    bdg27

Answer by bdg27 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Both. I didn't know anything about babies or children before getting pregnant, so I found books to be enormously helpful for the basic care and general information that every parent really does need to know. But I parent my children individually and don't think there's a one-size-fits-all magic handbook for parenting, so I also go with the flow and am constantly learning from experience.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• im probably gonna be in the middle, but more of the learn as you go kinda parent lol
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 5:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I was a learn as I went parent, nothing is "by the book" in parenting since no 2 children are the same.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Im a learn as I go type of parent... i prefer to learn from my children as to what they need, a book cant tell me that. I ask questions from other parents because the answers feel more real to me then a book does. i make mistakes, i learn from them. and weather you read from a book or fly by the seat of your pants, you will always make mistakes but thats what makes you a great parent, by fixing them and trying to do better every day.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 5:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Mostly learn as you go, every child is different. When I was pregnant I did the book thing.. but not so much now. I am not against it though if I really needed something
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Definitely a learn as I go parent. I have gone the books a couple times and then incorporated things I liked to work on making things better, but basically I learn as I go.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2011