Has anyone ever workes in a Mall and if so do you go in and Apply or do you contact them by phone?

The reason I am asking is because our local Mall had posted some jobs available and it said to contact this person at the number below. I just want to know the best way of going about it.

4kids1970

Asked by 4kids1970 at 10:00 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Money & Work

• I would go in and apply. I worked for a bank and got my job a different way because I was already working for that bank but at another branch. I just transfered in. I do know that in the mall for stores you go in and ask for an application. GOOD LUCK!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 10:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Then you contact them. Just follow the directions on the ad.

Answer by gemgem at 10:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• If they say "contact this person at this #" then follow the instructions. But remember to tell them you would love to come in and fill out an application as soon as possible.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I work in the mall. I'm a retail professional...been in the business for 14yrs now. DO NOT call the store and ask them if they are hiring! That is a signal that you are to lazy to come talk to them in person or research the company to find out their hiring practices. Follow the directions that you saw in the ad. Also, go to the company's websites. Most of them have a place where you can apply online. Get your resume together and submit it that way. When you apply online, it is usually directed straight to the district manager who can get it to the store manager pretty easily. After you apply, follow up with a letter, email or phone call. (cont'd)
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 1:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• (cont'd) Retail stores get lots of apps right about this time and unless it's somebody who really stands out, they usually all just end up in a big file somewhere never to be seen again. So, follow up and keep your name fresh in the manager's mind. If you go in and apply, go on a slow day...Tuesday or Wednesday. Not Monday since that's when we are getting ready for that week and banks are open again and so we are balancing books and deposits and going over the prior weekend's numbers. Tues and Weds...mid-afternoon are the best time. Not before noon because most malls open at 10am and the manager will be really busy with opening the store and getting ready for the day. (cont'd)
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 1:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have businesses at the mall! I know that some of the postings on the internet and in the book at customer service are outdated. Some stores don't even bother with that stuff. The best thing you can do is go from store to store and just ask. Make sure you are dressed to make a good impression. No offense, but with our businesses, we don't like to see facial jewelry or tongue rings, because you have to be able to talk to customers.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Go into the store dressed for the job already. Look nice and decent. Wear a watch and bring your own pen...black ink is more professional. Have a copy of your resume and know all your names, numbers and addresses that you are going to list for previous employment and references. Read the application carefully, write neatly...DO NOT USE CUTESY WRITING such as hearts or big swirlies. Fill the application out then and there and when you hand it back in make sure you give it to the manager. They will probably look at it and say 'Thanks, we'll keep it on file and if we need you we'll give you a call'...or something to that effect. Ask the manager if they know when they might be needing somebody and ask them if it's ok for you to call and check up periodically.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 1:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• (Cont'd) Look the manager in the eye, shake their hand and thank them for their time. Then follow up when they told you to follow up. Good luck!
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 1:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I would call considering that was the ads instructions. Most of the time they will specify "no phone calls please" if they don't want calls. I would just ask if the position is still available and ask them when would be the best time to come fill out an application and drop off a resume. You run the best chance of seeing the people that make hiring decisions by asking.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• There is a "mall office", you would go there and apply. Its usually down some obscure hallway.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2008