Anybody else getting nervous for labor?

27 Weeks today and as it gets closer I get more nervous. Knowing that I can't get an epidural is even more nerve wrecking, hoping I can cope with the pain because I REALLY DONT want a C-Section...

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Im so nervous to! im almost 31 weeks, and lately i lay up in bed and think about it! its horriable , i even have bad dreams and wake up sweating!
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Honey I think being nervous is as natural as the labor itself. I am 22 wks with my 3rd child and each time(even tho I knew what to expect) I was as nervous as the 1st. Just have faith and everything will be fine! Good luck!!!
    bdg27

Answer by bdg27 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Aw well at least I'm not the only one. I'm so nervous, I hope my s/o will be the most supportive and help me through it. It's a big deal for me.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I was very nerveous for labor with my first baby and i got the suprise of my life when i went in for my 37 week check-up and was sent to labor/delivery ER because i had severe preeclampsia. I was NOT prepared to get induced that day, but i had no choice since my life was in danger. Now i have 4 wonderful boys and by the 3rd baby i actually looked foreward to going into labor....it is such a wonderful experience to me. This may sound silly, but with my 4th baby, who will be one on the 22nd of this month, i actually wanted to feel contractions because i knew it would probably be my last baby since i was almost 40 yrs old. It is hard to explain, but the pain seems like nothing after you hold your little one for the first time.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I know it's not the end of the world but this is definitely going to be my only kid for a while, my friends have had epidural and they say it's the best thing in the world. Well, I can't get one because of a spinal surgery years ago, and I'm so worried.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• What helped me most was reading lots of books about labor and childbirth. I think the only reason it's "normal" to be nervous is because society has told is it's a terrifying, painful process. TV shows are the WORST at giving you the worst-possible-scenario and freaking you out. DON'T WATCH THEM! The fact is, bringing a baby into this world can be an amazing, beautiful, empowering event--something to really look forward to! I'm not saying it doesn't hurt, but when you have an idea what to expect, and you trust your body, the pain just isn't the most important thing. I had my first son without pain meds and, yes, it hurt, but I wouldn't dream of doing it without feeling it! As soon as it was done (all 40+hours of it) I felt like the most powerful woman on earth, I was in love with my son, and I wanted to do it 10 more times. I recommend you read "Birthing From Within" to help prepare for the experience. (cont)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Mama, don't listen to people who try to tell you horror stories about birth, and don't watch TV shows about birth. You have an amazing experience to look forward to! I'm looking forward to my #2 in July, and it will also be medication-free. Good luck, mama!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I am 33 weeks and starting to get nervous. I think it is mostly because I am a planner, and this is something you really can't plan much. I am like you, I REALLY DON'T want a c-section unless absolutely necessary. This is my 2nd, so I am hoping things go faster this time. I agree with the other posters that have said not to watch the TV shows and all. Some of them are SO dramatic! Are there any other pain management options for you, since you can't have an epidural? I hope for you that your labor goes quickly and smoothly! You may find you didn't even need the epidural, even if you could have it! Good luck!
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 6:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yeah I'm definitely going to be able to get other i.v pain meds just no epidural. So I mean it'll take the edge off, but I won't be numb.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• im so nervous cause im 39 weeks and 2 days and my due date is April 11th 2011
    Tricia737

Answer by Tricia737 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011