WHAT DO I DO

My 11month old wont sleep alone if I try to put him in his crib after he falls asleep he wakes up its gotten so bad that he wakes up when im getting up to put him down what can i do to get some sleep to??

mom0510

Asked by mom0510 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• you will just have to do it momma. let him cry it out.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• we live an apartment and i dont want people to think im hurting him tho
    mom0510

Comment by mom0510 (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Maybe if you put him to sleep in his own bed, not in yours, and sit with him until he falls asleep, or rock him to sleep? I went through this with my son, but I had to let him cry.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• don't let him cry it out...nothing good comes from that...the book "the no cry sleep solution" is wonderful and it works wonders.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• thank you all for the advice .... I have to do something that doesnt consist of me holding him till he falls asleep cause as soon as I move its like hes aware of whats gonna happen and starts crying I sing to him rock him bathe him feed him and nothing has worked
    mom0510

Comment by mom0510 (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I let my 11 month old cry it out and it only takes him 5 or 10 minutes and it teaches him to self-soothe himself to sleep. I make sure i put him in his crib tired, but not asleep. I also put him to bed close to the same time everynight and have an evening routine. I used to nurse him to sleep everynight, but stopped about 2 weeks ago. Even though i have 3 other boys, it is still hard for me to hear him cry for those 5 or 10 minutes. Try an evening routine where you do the same thing with him everynight and put him to bed tired, but not asleep.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• sounds like a good idea I just hope it works
    mom0510

Comment by mom0510 (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I agree with team21. Use the same routine every time it is sleep time and the baby will start to know the cues and that it is time to sleep. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I hope it works cause im soo tierd he moves around to much i wake up with his butt in my face or his feet lol
    mom0510

Comment by mom0510 (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Oh mama, I hear ya. We share a bedroom with my 13 month old right now and it is SO hard some nights. Alright... MOST nights stink. She just seems like she really needs her mama right now, so I'm trying to be there, but It's hard. Last night she woke up for an hour between 4:30 and 6. By then it's like I could just stay awake. Luckily DH let me sleep in. Every night is different for us and I just try to do what works for her at the time. We also got one of those soothing seahorse things. I don't know what it's actually called, but it lights up and plays songs. She LOVES it and it helps her to calm down when I leave the room. Some nights she'll even put herself to sleep. Other nights I rock her until she zonks. I have to be flexible. Once she is older and has her own room I think she'll be better. I look forward to the day!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011