Tuesday is "BIG 3 " day

Tuesday is the day that the big 3 come back to washington to ask for their 25 billion dollars. How many think we should let them have it and why.....and how many no's and why. I say no, because in a couple of months they will be back with their hands out again.

foreverb3

Asked by foreverb3 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope I say they shouldnt get a penny. I know the huge argument from some moms is what about the ppl who work for them? Theyd still have work because it would simply make the big 3 file ch 11 which is restructuring their business. When you open a business and mismanage your money I dont believe the govt should help you. They dont do it for small businesses and I dont think they should do it for big business. Where does it end? They come back for more money later and then the small businesses will be asking next? Its like loaning money to a relative who constantly lives beyond their means. Dont enable them.

Answer by gemgem at 10:05 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Gemgem there are a couple holes in your argument. 1st small business won't impact millions of employees (think the companies, suppliers, support industries like retail stores and local eateries) 2nd we keep bailing out the financial industry and they have mismanaged themselves. I think the Big 3 should get the bail out (we have been doing it for the financial companies) but with more restrictions then the financial companies have. The bail out shouldn't go for payroll or entitlements, the companies should have to submit a detailed business plan, and their should be consessions given by the unions.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• They should not be given money. They should go to bankruptcy and do what the rest of us do when we make bad decisions. The auto workers will have to take a pay cut. They may have to live on 30 an hour instead of 50 an hour. My bil works for Ford he is in management and most of his hourly employees make more than he does. He has no contract and has to work 90-100 hours a week. He has a Masters degree and his job requires a lot of skill he has designed many components for some of the new cars. Many of those who work below him push a button or have very simple jobs. I think the unions need to make concessions if they don't many will lose jobs. I think a pay cut would be better than jobs losses but unions are not about helping their members. Many of the auto makers only make 300-700 per car they make. That is a whole lot of payroll and expenses that need to be cut.   NO MORE BAILOUTS!!!!

Anonymous

• Just curious as to who is next in line? First banks now car makers and I hear MALLS want bail outs. Good grief, where will it all end? Where do we draw the line? Do we just socialize and be done with it?

Answer by admckenzie at 1:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Oh I think I'm next in line...me me me. I need money, you think they are willing to help me pay for my student loans...haha j/k. The automakers need a restructoring of their companies and need to file bankruptcy. These CEOs need to get a reality check. You think they will arrive in the coach class of an airline or better yet drive a clunker to Washington where it breaks down 3 times? Boy they better start making their drive now. These people are money hungry and if they get the money they won't learn their lesson!!
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 1:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2008