Is red still considered a slutty color ( dress, nails, shoes)???

I like my red nails but a friend ( ex-friend said it was slutty)

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I have never heard this, but I can see how someone could think that. Red is definitely classic in my opinion and I think if you can pull it off, you should. Red lips are really in this season, at least that's what they were saying on Style TV. Red nails aren't slutty to me. I think the deeper the red, the prettier, but that's only my opinion.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• paint me red and call me a slutty, because its my favorite nail color! my favorite sports-teams are red, i love tomatoes, i grow red roses, i wear red lipstick (sometimes), and i'm american indian! i'm an all-around slut! LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• What? No. Red is classic.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Depends on how you wear it! It's a daring color so it's probably fairly easy to get a little streetwalker-ish with it, but done properly, there's no reason it should look slutty.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• She's rite red is classic. Maybe your friend just said that cause she doesn't look as good in red as u do lol!!!
    bdg27

Answer by bdg27 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Red is am amazing color... if you were to wear bright red lipstick, red nails, red hooker boots and red fishnets... yeah it would look slutty. pay no attention to what your ex friend says... she probobly just hates herself so she feels the need to make other people feel bad.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 6:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I think it's kind of a regional thing. I've always seen it as a classic color...even Nancy Reagan wore red as her signature color. But I remember dating a guy from a conservative (old money) New Orleans family, who had a cow when he came to pick me up for date and saw I planned to wear a red jacket. After 15 minutes of debate, I changed to a black jacket; just to settle him down. He couldn't get past the idea that women in red were cheap. LOL
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 6:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• There is nothing wrong with wearing red, but it was used as a sign for hookers way back when. Remember the term "red light district" well, the hookers would have a red light shining in their window and wore the bright red make up as advertisement. Since then the color has had a slutty connotation, but it's classy if done well.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Nothing wrong with red.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No it's classic.... it draws attention to you but isn't that the point?
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011