Worst headach EVER!

I have had this terrible headach today...all day..and nothing even touches it. Light and sound are unbarable. It starts in the back of my head and goes to the top. It hurts so bad that im nauseated and even threw up once. I was just wondering if this has happend to anybody and what it turned out to be. I know i have to wait until i get looked at to find out for sure what it is, but was just looking for some ideas of what it could be. I did call my doctor and he recommended me go to the ER. I dont think i can drive so i have to wait until i my husband can come and get me and find somebody to care for our 4 young boys.

team21

Asked by team21 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Health

• it sounds like a bad migraine...try sitting on the edge of the tub and fill it with water as hot as you can stand it. put your feet in and put a cool cloth on your forehead. the hot water draws the blood from your head down to your feet.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• those are all classic symptoms of a migraine hun. You can try OTC migraine pills or if that doesn't help as a last resort your doctor can give you a shot in the rear.....I had to have the shot once after a horrible migraine lasted over 4 days and it took it away within 2 minutes
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Sounds like what my Dad gets sometimes. I guess he has what is called toxic headaches which are really bad migraines.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It does sound like a migrain try Botox. They are FDA Approved for Migrains
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• its called a migraine headache. I have always had to get a shot from the ER. I just got over one yesterday. Had it since SAT!!!! didnt go to the ER and thought I was going to DIE!!! I used Ice packs on my neck and eyes to help.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 6:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• First of all I really hope u feel better, a headache seems to make u hurt all over. But until your DH gets home try laying in a dark room with cold or hot rag on your face(depending on whether or not its stress or sinuses, hot for sinus,cold for stress) See if that helps!
    bdg27

Answer by bdg27 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• thanks ladies....i forgot to mention i am nursing so i dont want to take anything that will effect baby.
    team21

Comment by team21 (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My midwife told me to take 2 Excedrin Tension Headaches and a large Mt Dew. It works for me every single time. The Excedrin is safe because it is just tylenol plus caffeine. I will say that it only works if I take the pills with the first sip of soda and I have to drink at least 12 oz in the first 5 minutes. It never works for me with any other soda.
    I usually take it and then go lie down in a quiet room while I let it take effect.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If it truly is the worst headache you have ever had go to the ER when you can arrange for childcare. It could be several things and I was advised once to never ignore it if it is the worst headache you have ever expeienced. Hope you get the help you need.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• This could be a silly question, but are you hydrated?
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011