Husband and 2nd baby

My husband doesn't seemed to be interested in our baby. She is 10 weeks old and he barely holds her or interacts with her. She is just now starting to smile and when I tell him to look and glances over and then just looks away. Sometimes he puts a smile on his face but I know he doesn't really have interest. He was so good with our first daughter. He worked more when we had our first but was makng a lot more money back then. Now I'm not working ad he is making less money now but does that give him a reason to not interact with the baby? Should I saysomething to him or just wait and see if things change?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I think anytime a baby is brought home, there is a period of adjustment for all involved. Give him some time to adjust to the situation and see how things go. It's still early.
    Sonnut

Answer by Sonnut at 6:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i think you should talk to him about it. i know it takes time to adjust but he already has one child.so he knows how to be a father. he should be more involved in your daughters life. it isn't fair or good for her for him to ignore her.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I'd give him time to adjust. He's probably also worried about being able to support another baby. Just keep involving him and hopefully he comes around.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• The money issues can be whats upsetting. He's probably just worried about being able to support his family. ya know ? I say give him time. He's the man of the house & probably feels like its up to just him to support you guys. I know many men that feel like failures when they aren't making enough money to support their families especially if their family is gonna have to go without something or might have to in the future.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Thank you all for your advice. I really didn't even think about it until his mom mentioned it to me and I started thinking about it and then noticed that he wasn't paying as much attention. She said she is going to talk to him about it but now I think I will tell her to butt out. It isn't her business. I don't want him to get upset with me because I agreed with his mom about this. I did tell her that he has had a lot on his mind at work. They keep giving him more and more work to do but not more money. He is a little frustrated. Thanks again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Apr. 7, 2011