Do you tend to over do your childrens birthdays?

me and my dh do! our daughter turns three sunday and her party is saturday and we ordered some food and im cooking a lot as well, we invited 40 people and bought her numerous gifts. i love birthdays!

mommie_of02

Asked by mommie_of02 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I over did it on food but it was the same way when we were having my babyshower
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 6:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No...i dont over do it. My MIL probably thinks i dont care about the boys birthdays, but i do care. I just dont think it is necessary for us to overdo every birthday for each of our boys. We do plan big parties every 5 years though for each of our 4 boys.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes. right now we have 1 DD .. and she is the only kid around the family.. so she gets pretty big parties & gets way tooo many gifts.
    I wish we had put all that money in savings lol..
    The next child sadly wont get the same treatment cuz we have learned... Kids dont care how fancy the party is..Fun for them is so simple! lol
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I admitt I probably over did DDs first birthday & I'm so eager to do it again this year. I love birthdays also & I love celebrating hers=] I never really had birthday parties so it's kind of special to me that I can give them to my DD & she can be a kid.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• my son turns 1 this saturday. I rented the clubhouse in the neighborhood - and invited 50 people - family and friends with babies/young kids. we are close with everyone we invited. our family is huge. i am thinking i over did it.... lots of food - special cake to match the theme... we didn't buy him a gift bc so many people will be coming, and he is only 1 so he won't know. the party is the gift! :) ya - it's gonna be big.
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 6:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2011