What do u do if u dont like ur kid/s anymore?

I love my DS but he has been horrible for the past week & my car jus broke down so im constantly stuck in the house 24/7. He's been constantly whiny for no reason & constantly doing stuff tht i know he knows not to do. I just dont even wanna be around him anymore to the point tht i was sitting in our living room this morning dreading him waking up... Idk what to do i have never had this problem, he's 1 1/2 & normally i never wanna let anyone have him even if i they offer but i jus wish i had someone to take him right now... I dont like feeling this way about him & need to know if this happens to other moms and what i should do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• perhaps get some counseling for depression, and try to get out of the house for a few hours alone each week. They are babies, and the terrible two's aren't even here yet, so you better get used to it.
    Anonymous

• Kids have rough weeks.. So do adults.. Its ok & its normal to not get along with ur child 24/7. as long as it doesnt go on FOREVER- then maybe some time apart or counceling would be good.
    But it seems like he is just being a lil' handful right now.. Maybe he is feeling locked up in the house too. Try to get him outside walking or play games with him.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I think that getting overwhelmed sometimes is normal, I dont know about the part where you actually dont like him, or that you dont even want him to wake up. I always enjoy the site of my kids even if they were making me nuts a half an hour before. Have you tried to figure out what is going on with him that is making him behave this way, maybe he is teething? Or getting a cold or something, or do you normally go out a lot, and now arent, so he is feeling a little caged up? Normally once I figure out why they are behaving badly its easier to understand and empathize rather then get frustrated. I say nap time or bed time make sure you do something for youself, some me time always helps me.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 6:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• We only have one car and hubby takes it to work 50 hrs a week so I am home with my 3 kids ( 4 yrs, 2 yrs and 13 months old) everyday all day. Babies are gonna cry, do things they arent suppose to and throw tantrums you have to learn to have patience with your little one and if all else fails calmly put him in his play pen/crib, step outside for 5 mins. BREATH. and then come back in and be his mom!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Oh sweetie,, he is 1 ....please go talk to someone, I think you feel overwhelmed and unappreciated,,could you Mom come over or someone to give you a bit of a break, even if it is just a long bubble bath? Where's your DH or S/O? sounds like your in a rough patch,, it isn't your kiddo,, PM me if you want to chat,,,been there myself,,but it will be okay!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Spend some positive quality time with him by just sitting on the floor playing, going for a walk, or reading a bunch of books. Sometimes they go for the negative attention when they do not get enough positive attention. Let the housework wait for awhile. And try to find some quiet time for yourself like a long bath/shower or simply some stretching. He can even do the stretching with you. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It really seems you need a break. Is there anyone you can turn to that may be able to babysit for a little while? Sometimes just getting some time for yourself may help. At a year and a half your son still wants and needs your full attention. it also seems you may be stressed from your car breaking down, and staying inside 24/7. Is your son on a schedule? Sometime having an everyday schedule may help. Maybe plan things to do during the day with your son. Sometimes going outside will help letting him get out some of his energy-like taking a walk or throwing a ball around. This may help to tire him out so that he can take a nap, and then you can spend some time for yourself. Please if you need a friend or someone to listen you can message me. I hope things get better.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Awww HUGZ mama....I know what it's like to feel so exaperated by your LO that you want to tear your hear out...my suggestion would be to take him outside...maybe just to walk around the block or something...run around, something that will kind of tire him out lol....he'll be alot calmer once you come back inside and the walk and excercise should help lift your mood too =) Good luck mama....feel free to message me if you would like to talk
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• They have rough weeks sometimes. And if it helps you feel better or understand what might be happening with him, 18 months is around the time where their attachment peaks. He might just want you to hold him right now. Go for a walk or just sit outside and get some fresh air. If it gets bad enough that you want to leave him, then call a crisis center or a close friend or family member. See if someone can watch him for you so you can go for a run or maybe go to lunch with a friend... they'll drive. :) Don't worry, you're still a good mom even if you hate your kid sometimes.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I appreciate ur guys advice i did get his grandmother to take him tgis evening for an overnight visit & im feeling much better. I needed to hear tht im not a bad mom bcuz of this, my son is my world, i think he's jus havin a bad week & we were coop up together too much. I know it will all work out though. Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2011