My 3 year old has a hard knot in her stomach, the doctor said its a swollen lymph node. Has anyone heard of this before, should I get a second opinion?

bdg27

Asked by bdg27 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Kids' Health

• lymph nodes are everywhere in the body, and it actually is fairly common. But if it would make you more comfortable, its better to be safe than sorry. Go ahead for that second opinion. Its not a waste of time to get that piece of mind, especially when it comes to your child.
    ReReJohnson

Answer by ReReJohnson at 6:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• We have lumph nodes throughout our bodies. But if you are in doubt or in need of peace of mind, then check out Web MD or seek a 2nd opinion. Hope she feels better soon! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I was trying to remember what exactly some of the symptoms are for this, however my brain is stuck! ha! lol here is a website I just found, maybe it can be of some help in your decision!
    -monika
    http://www.emedicinehealth.com/swollen_lymph_glands/page3_em.htm
    Gener4Mom

Answer by Gener4Mom at 6:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• swollen lymph nodes is the throat. my youngest son had that a month or so ago. Was tested for strep throat, did'nt have it.
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 6:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No, I haven't not in the tummy area, the neck area yes. I would get a 2nd opinion for sure & ultrasound. I can imagine it is a little scary when you come across something like that and I am sure she is okay, GL to ya's & go see a specialist for sure.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Oh yes!! Have him seen by another dr.. Good luck.!
    Heartshape

Answer by Heartshape at 2:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• yes you should get a second opinen to see what the problem is well this is all goodby get close to god
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2011