Could I be pregnant?

I have PCOS, so my periods are never normal. I could go months without one, then bleed for 6 weeks or so (and very heavy, going through at least 1 pad every hour). I do have one dd who is 16 months, so I know I can get preg. Well, over the past 4-5 months, my periods haven't been exact, but somewhat close to normal, but still heavy, and lasting about 7-10 days. Well, last month, it came a little late, so I took a hpt - negative. I ended up taking a couple, and nothing. Well, then I started, but it never got heavy and only lasted 4 days. I called it a courtesy period, because it was like it came because it had to, but wasn't really going to show up for the job. Then this month, it was sort of the same thing. It did last 6 days, but was only somewhat heavy in the a.m. a couple days, but by night time there was nothing. I have taken many hpt- all negitive, but my boobs have been really sore, and I have been really tired, and moody. But haven't been sick or anything. So, I don't know whats going on. Has anyone else had this, or know what I'm talking about? I hate to call my dr, because his nurse always acts like I'm crazy when I call with questions.

cew816

Asked by cew816 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• get a blood test. It's the only way to know for sure.
    mom-o-2-in-2

Answer by mom-o-2-in-2 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Your body might be regulating itself after the birth of your child. I have PCOS, too. I was always regular but it took forever to get pregnant with DS1. After he was born my body reset and we had a bc accident when DS was 11 months. I thought it was no big deal because it was so hard to get pregnant. DD was born when DS1 was 19.75 months. And then it was hard to get pregnant again.

Call your doctor and get a blood test. You might not be pregnant, but it's a good idea for the doctor to see what's going on with you and your hormones.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011