Playing the race card....really?

My cousin was murdered by his ex-wife 2 1/2 years ago. This week was the trial. Verdict came in this morning, she got life without the possibility of parole. She shot him 4 times at close range in his vehicle. twice in the chest, twice in the side. Se tried to say it was self defense. Sitting there in the courtroom was the hardest thing our family had to do. Listening to the lies and the details. My sister got a called a little while ago, the ex-wife's niece called saying that justice was not served, he use to beat her, she feared for her life that is why she killed him. Then said that her family was going to call NAACP. WTF! She said that our lawyer only called white witnesses(character witnesses on the stand). Not true. His sons and family member took the stand. I guess I am just rambling but I can't believe they would pull the race issue.

My cousin and her are both black. They was upset that so many white people came to his defense and they think that is the reason why we won the case. They fail to realize that he was a big part of the community and touch many lives.

Sorry i am rambling. I just thought we would be over this now but I guess not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• hugs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss.

My guess is that they are upset and grieving now too. And lashing out to hurt who they perceive as those who hurt them; otherwise they would have just gone about calling the NAACP without making it broadcast news to your sister.

Know that justice was served for your cousin and begin to heal.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Dont worry. The NAACP does NOT just jump all over a verdict without investigating things first. You know the truth, and they are hurt by the verdict. Im sorry you had to go through that.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• That's a horrible situation to have to go through, I feel for you girl =[ **hugs**
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• just b/c they are going to the NAACP doesn't mean that they'll take the case. don't get upset by their threats
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• haha I hate that. Seems to happen a lot where i'm from (Northern Cali) don't worry, I doubt the NAACP would want to mark up their good rep with a case like this. Also, i'm very sorry for your loss.
    PoisonousHoney

Answer by PoisonousHoney at 8:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011