Im trying to get preg. , but it's harder then i thought when your actually wanting to..whats going on?

ok we have not been useing condoms already for more then 3 weeks., and have been having sex like every chance we can (every other day) . but yesterday i got my period. does that show an answer that im not preg? because ive heard that you skip a period or something like that help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Well you only ovulate once a month so having sex everyday without a condom for three weeks isnt really going to matter. When you have your period count 14 days from the first day of your period. Then have sex that week as much as possible without a condom. After sex prop your bottom up with a pillow and stay laying down for about 20 minutes. If you dont get pregnant in a year then I would see a doctor.

Answer by gemgem at 10:22 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• well it took me and my boyfriend almost 3 years to get pregnant.. im only 21 and he was my first so i dont know why it took forever but its wonderful when you do become pregnant
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 10:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• not every woman ovulates on cycle day 14. the range for ovulation is day 11-16 and beyond. the day of ovulation depends on the length of the cycle.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 11:50 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• It depends on if your period was different ,lighter than usual, or if it was late. you should probably give things some time. If you find out that you are not pregnant, keep trying.
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• count the first day of your period as day 1. Each woman ovulates at different days of the month. If you have a 28 day cycle you may ovulate around the 14 day. they have ovulation detector kits just like a pg test. it detects your ovulation time. It can take a couple up to a year to try to conceive so have patience. After that you may want to talk to a doctor. Its all about timing :)
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 1:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Even with maximizing your chances (i.e., having unprotected sex as much as necessary at the right time of the month), you still only have up to a 33% chance of getting pregnant. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong, it's just the way it is. So don't give up hope after one month, or even a few. I think the general rule is that unless there's some other reason to think you have fertility problems, they don't want to send you to a specialist until you've been really trying for at least a year. If you're really serious about wanting it to happen now, try www.fertilityfriend.com, it's a great resource for charting and getting to know your cycle so you'll know when the "right time" is for you.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• In the book I read, Taking Charge of Your Fertility, it says everyone ovulates 15 days before your period starts no matter what your cycle. Ovulating 14 days after your period works with a 28 day cycle pretty much, but everyone does not have the same cycle.
    Anonymous

• It takes a "normal" couple up to a year to concieve. Just give yourself some more time, and don't worry so much so soon.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• The "average" woman takes 6 months to concieve. (with no problems) I would start doing your basil body temperatures. You can use www.fertilityfriend.com they have tons of articles you can read. You can also use opks to see when you are about to ovulate.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2008