6-8 diapers a day in a 24 hr. period!?

My son is 2 mos old. He is exclusivly breastfed. He goes thru way more diapers than that in a 24 hr. period. I'd say 12-15 pretty FULL diapers...Anyone else's baby like this?? or was??

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 7:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Thats good! That means he is getting more than enough nutrients! Congrats mama!
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 7:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Breast fed baby's DO go through more diapers than a bottle fed baby. I think thats normal for your son to use that many.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My son was like that too. It was costly because diapers aren't cheap! lol But he was my first so I asked his doctor and she said that it is nothing to worry about as long as he is going. So at least you know he is eating well and getting enough!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• DD was exclusively breastfed, and she went through more than 6-8 diapers as well. It's normal for breastfed babies :)
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yah my son goes thru diapers like water too, which is good, if he poo every feeding meaning your breastmilk is high quality
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yes ma'am...seemed like all I did was feed and change diapers ALL day..haha still kinda do that
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 12:29 AM on Apr. 7, 2011