Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do... It's a nightmare living with them!!!

Here's the situation.Im currently living with some friends, I loaned them $1,300.00 to do some repairs on the house we just rented so we can actually move into it. They got the biggest room of all and my fiance and I are stuck in a itty bitty room with 2 kids (well I guess 1 since my oldest is sharing a room with them since the room they got was the garage converted into a room) anyways they have 3 kids who have no respect for anyone! They cuss everyone out, yell at everyone, hit, you name it they do it! My oldest is starting to do the same. Neither one of my friends have a job, so of course my fiance and I are the ones picking up the slack. I figured we could be the ones to kick them out since we're putting in the majority of the responsibilities for the house but from what they say we cant do it. I would love to either get them out or my family and I get out but with the position that my fiance and I are in which being us both having a job but not enought money to afford another house or anything. We got lucky with this house 4 bedroom 2 bath for 650.00 a month. I just dont know what to do anymore.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • Rent a smaller house for just your family. If they are the people on the rental contract they are the ones renting the house, even if you are paying for it.

    Answer by scout_mom at 7:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • At a minimum teach your children that what the others do is not OK. Get out of there any way you can even if you lose money doing it.

    Answer by elizabr at 7:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • you can check out getting on to a public housing program. or start looking for apartments. dh and i have a 2 bed 1 1\2 bath, all bills paid fo 760 a month.

    Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • Let this be a good lesson. Never think that sharing a home with anyone incliding relatives will work out and not cause problems. Not to mention borrowing them money. Particularly ones like the type you are referring to- 2 adults and no jobs. You have a few options. Talk to your "friends" and let them know that the behavior of there kids is not acceptable and if it doesn't change they will have to find another place. You could also start looking for another place. Check into mobile home rentals for a short term. Aside from that I don't know what other options you could have. I am sorry you are going through this. Whose names are on the lease?

    Answer by LeJane at 8:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • My name and my one of my friends is on the lease. Im looking for a diffrent place now, talking to them just didnt help one bit they know what theyre doing wrong with their kids they just dont want to do anything about it... they said they dont know how to control them they just dont listen... I think its a bunch of bull but whatever I've seen situations like that change theyre just not willing to stay on their kids.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.