Longing for another

I am married almost 12 years and together we have 3 beautiful boys, ages 6, 7 and 10. I love them so much and am very proud of them. My problem is I want to have another child, and my husband doesn't. We always said we wanted a big family, but now he idea of big is 3. Mine is more. He works and provides for the family, I do some side jobs and take care of the house and kids. What should I do, just try and shake the feeling of wanting another or try and convince him which has not worked in the past?

greenbeanmoma

Asked by greenbeanmoma at 7:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Talk to him about it and decide if it can happen
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Maybe he is thinking of the finances today and in the future for the three you have. If you are not paying the bills and balancing your checkbook, maybe you should start, to get an understanding of where he is coming from in refusing.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 8:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I'd just put it all on the table and talk it out with him. You can't MAKE him want to have another baby, just like he can't make you NOT want another one. You guys need to come to a compromise. Maybe he is worried about the money aspect of it, and in that case, you can discuss how you can reduce the cost. If it is about sleep issues, you can discuss how you will allow him AND yourself enough time to sleep.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You need to talk about it together. It's hard to get upset if you don't have all of the facts. Knowledge is a powerful thing and in my experience, honesty is the best policy. If you don't work through it as a couple, it will eat at you & the relationship for the rest of your life.
    oldgloryusa

Answer by oldgloryusa at 11:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011