Is this normal? i think im having contractions..?

its my first pregnancy and i have partial placenta previa so i do have some light spotting sometimes. last week on friday i started spotting after going mini golf with my cousins and baby cousins(started around 4pm) that night i had some cramping nothing too bad. saturday morning i was still spotting and got some more cramping. that evening i had more cramping. since then ive had the cramping feeling and spotting. from what i feel and kinda times the cramping lasts an hr and it seems to come around every 10hrs or so. my lower abdomen tightens and i feel pressure when i get cramping. im going to the doctor tomorrow. im just not so sure if its just cramps or contraction or if i should be worried...im 13 almost 14weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't wait to see a doctor. If there is cramping with bleeding, I would be concerned about miscarriage. I think you need to be seen.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I agree. You need to call the on call nurse or OB in your clinic. I had bleeding and I went into the birthing center at my hospital. It was a good thing I did because I thought my baby was kicking but I was actually having contractions and they had to stop my preterm labor. It won't hurt to call someone and get their opinion.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Me either! I wouldn't wait to see a doctor The first or 2nd day of noticing bleeding is a serious issue you need to go to the ER! When I was pregnant with my 1st I blood it meant I was having my baby! And I did I had to be induced, but you are way to early. :( I hope your okay! Keeping fingers crossed. I had a little bit of placenta previa and never blood. It could be a miscarriage too.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 8:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I had a lot of concerns with thinking I was having contractions too my first pregnancy.. chances are you aren't. It is good that you have a doctor appt tomorrow, try to relax. Maybe take a hot bath. If you feel more comfortable try calling your doctor office or the hospital, and talk to the ob on call.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Maybe call your OB's on call number... be safe! Hugs!!
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 8:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011