I have a few questions about loosing teeth

my son lost his 1st tooth awhile ago... at what point can he eat? the hole is still pretty red but the bleeding has stopped.

also what is the going rate these days for what the tooth fairy puts under the pillow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• the cavity thing is cute also you could put some glitter on the night stand and tell them its where the toothfairy flew over and i would do $2 a tooth, and if he feels like eating and it doesn't hurt let him go for it =)
    AmandaV.

Answer by AmandaV. at 8:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I let them eat when they want to, my rate was was 50 cents then 1$ and I max out at 2$
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• We do a dollar for an incisor and 2 for a molar. You could also do a prize instead. My parents' friend (no kids of her own) did a scavenger hunt for me when I was 7; it was RAD! Better than the 50 cents that were waiting. He can eat as soon as he's comfy with it, but I'd avoid anything crunchy because of potential sharp edges.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 8:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• OH! No pay for cavities, only a new toothbrush and some floss.
    silversmom

• I like that idea for the ones with a cavity, but this tooth has no cavities so he gets cold hard cash :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• We never did more than $1. And they can start eating at any time.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• We did $5 for the first tooth because its special, and $1 for each additional.

I let my daughter eat whenever she felt ready, which was pretty much immediately.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• The children I know of often lose while eating and go on to continue their meal after admiring their Jewel & putting it somewhere safe.
    ;-)

Usually a Quarter for a tooth unless it was a rare one (like the First might get a dollar).
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• He can eat, as soon as he wants to eat. Just make sure to give him soft food. Plus, after eating take a q-tip (or even a washcloth corner) and dab just a bit of peroxide on the gum. This will help keep out infection and heal the skin faster.

I love when the tooth fairy gives out golden dollars. 1 or 2, no more.
    blainesgirl

Answer by blainesgirl at 3:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2011