Oh my god this is so embarrasing, i need someone to give me positive advice and not talk bad about me cuz im already embarrassed to death

long story short... we just found out we have bed bugs in my house... im thinking they came from a cousin who stayed over....so my brother saw a bug on his floor and he figured it was a bed bug.. he showed my mom and they were talking about it in front of my 3 year old son... so my son went over his dad's house today{ his dad lives with his mom} and my son told his other grandma that we have bed bugs...i found out because when we got home my son told me that he told his grandma about it... so i asked him what did she say and my son said "grandma marilyn said she dont want bed bugs in her house" so now she probably doesnt want to babysit him anymore because shes scared of getting bugs.. im humiliated...my family isnt nasty this situation just kinda "happened" ..... i dont kn ow what to do i dont even wanna take him over there tomarrow.. she probably told my son's father about it and now hes gonna be thinkin im nasty and god knows who else she might tell.. i was thinking bout calling her and making up a story like my brother was just tryna scare my son and he believed it... but that might be obviuos... very irritated with my son even though hes only 3

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• to be blunt honesty is the best policy just explain to her the situation and then maybe show her some print outs on how to get rid of them and let her know that you are taking every precaution to do so
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 8:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It doesn't mean you are nasty...if these people watch the news they will know there was a huge problem with them just a couple of months ago...good luck getting rid of them
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't see anything bad with him telling her.. at least now she has a heads up to keep an eye out.. yes it is enough to make you want to crawl under a rock for the rest of your life but I am sure she is glad he said something.

flip it around, how would you feel?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• you could always trap one and take it with you to her house :P
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Don't be irritated with the little guy - he was just doing what they do. Sharing life. :) BUT bedbugs are NOT any indication you are nasty or dirty. There have been news reports lately of bedbugs being brought home from STORES. Get online and look for ways you can attack this problem before it gets really bad. I know you have to bag alot of stuff and either put it in a dryer or if you are in a warm climate let them "bake" in your sunny car. Take steps and know it is NOT because of your housekeeping abilities.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 8:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Bed bugs are terrible!!! They are extremely difficult to get rid of and they do hide well so they travel pretty easily. :( I was terrified that I would bring them home with me after I was in a hotel room that had them. It was a high end hotel but there they were. I was a feast 2 nights running. DISGUSTING!!! They can come into your home from stores. They can come in off of guests. Clean people get them just like clean people get head lice. Bed bugs are just harder to get rid of. :(

Best of luck with everything!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You don't get bed bugs because you are dirty, you get them when SOMEONE ELSE BRINGS them in. My hubbs does pest control for a living and that is the ONLY way that they can get into your house. Someone must bring them in. If you have a stream machine, break it out and take all of the sheets off the beds and look along the edges of the mattresses, if you seen blood spot or small bug, just steam them. Steam the mattress, the couch cushions, pillows, everything. Don't worry, no one with half a brain thinks that they just magically hatched at your house. They were brought in. Hope this helps.
    sunrisekn

Answer by sunrisekn at 8:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• well if she does babysit him and then she does get the bed bugs then she is going to know the truth sooner or later anyways. Bed bugs are almost impossible to get rid of. I was watching this show on the amimal planet called "infested" and this couple spent 8,000 on exterminator fees to get rid of them and eventually they had to call a company to come in and that specializes in bed bugs and they spent more money on that. Bed bug bites can be harmful to your son!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• YOUR NOT NASTY AND ITS NOT YOUR LIL GUYS FAULT HE WAS JUST TELLING GRANDMA KIDS TELL STORIES SO YOU CANT GET MAD AT THEM.. HE DIDNT MEAN ANYTHING BY IT I AM SURE HE JUST HEARD THE CONVO AND WAS REPEATING IT!! JUST EXPLAIN THE STORY TO HER AND IF SHE STILL DONT WANT TO WATCH HIM THAT IS UP TOO HER BUT JUST LET HER KNOW DONT LIE THAT WILL MAKE YOU LOOK BAD JUST LET HER KNOW YOU ARE TRYING TO GET RID OF THEM AND YOUR TELLING HER TO WASH HER STUFF AS WELL TO PREVENT THIS PROBLEM!! I AM TERRIFIED OF BED BUGS AND HOPE TO NEVER GET THEM BUT WE GOT A NEW BED SO HOPEFULLY WE WONT DEAL WITH THAT BUT YES THEY HAVE TO BE BROUGHT IN LIKE IF YOU STAY AT A HOTEL AND THEY ARE THERE AND GET ON YOUR STUFF AND YOU COME BACK HOME THERE YOU GO THERE NOW IN YOUR HOUSE ON YOUR THINGS IN YOUR BED SO DONT WORRY YOUR NOT NASTY SO JUST TRY TO EXPLAIN IT TO HER BEFORE THE SITUATION GET OUT OF HAND AND ESPECIALLY GET TO HIS FATHER BEFORE SHE DOES W/ INFO!
    TRENTONSMOM336

Answer by TRENTONSMOM336 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would be letting her know that it happened...the same as I'm sure you are irritated to have them brought to your house, she would be irritated to have at her house. See what you can come up with to make sure that he is not tracking them with him. Maybe offer to change clothes in the car right before you drop him off, and then not bring bags of stuff for a while until you get your own situation resolved.

I would be embarrassed, but I think it would be more embarrassing to hide it and have them find out other ways.

I feel for you though, I really do...bed bugs can be a b*tch to get rid of. I would panic too!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2011