Ultrasound at 18 weeks. Will it be accurate?

We go in next week and I will be 18 weeks to find out the gender. Will it be accurate? I found out with my daughter at 16 weeks but I have read where 20 weeks is more accurate. Will I be safe at the 18 week visit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I found out around 20 weeks both pregnancies, but they arent going to tell you if they dont know for sure. Everything is so much more andvanced if they tell you a sex, i'm sure they are right
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yes it should be but nothing is 100% and there wrong more often when they say girl, aslo rember they cant allways see so dont be upset if they cant tell you
    my 1st could not be sex we had to wate till he was born lol
    my 2nd well he showed his willie off the hole scan no mistakin he was a boy lol
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 8:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• They say between 18 and 22 is the best time. :) Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes. Provided baby is cooperative.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• not sure my doctor wont tell you or try to see until the 20 week mark
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I found out I'm having a boy at 18 weeks. I think it really depends on the quality of the machine and how your baby is laying though. There is always going to be a slight chance their wrong. But generally yes they will be able to tell at 18w.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I went at 18 weeks and she was unable to tell "for sure", so it was re-ordered for 20 weeks. I don't think they'll tell you if they're not pretty darn sure of themselves.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes. they won't even tell you unless they're completely confident. During my ultrasound she wasn't sure and kept telling me she didn't think i was going to find out because of the position. about 10 minutes later, right at the end, my dd turned and she was completely confident she knew she was a girl.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 8:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I found out with my 4 pregnancies at 18 wks so it should be accurate! Good luck!
    31Erica

Answer by 31Erica at 8:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• There is no guarnateed, "safe" time - they can be wrong at any gestation. My 22 week u/s was wrong.
    Anonymous