Older kids sporting events

Have you taken the baby with you? Nervous about taking her and just found out dh scedule changed so he cant take my sons. Have you brought baby to outside events yet? Emily just turned 3 weeks.

karamomof5

Asked by karamomof5 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did, I just kept a blanket handy so the baby could stay out of the sun and made sure cool air could get in so she didnt overheat
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Where we live, it is still very cold out, so I would hate to have to do it, but people do. Life continues. Just make sure the baby is bundled weather appropriate.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Don't be afraid to tell people you don't want anyone touching her either. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 8:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I had my middle son at a high school football game (my hubby coaches) when he was 10 days old. It was the coldest Oct we'd had in over 100 years. I just bundled him up and kept checking to make sure he was warm enough. But I'm not one to sequester baby and myself, we were out all over the place when the boys were babies.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• We took our son to a hockey game when he was 10 days old....and again one week later! I just kept him swaddled, covered his ear with the blanket and my hand (for noise) and he slept most of the time! People wanted to see him, but nobody tried to hold him or anything. I just held him close and enjoyed the game. He is three now, plays hockey and is bound and determined to be a "real" hockey player when he is older!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Just make sure you're well prepared and you'll be fine.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2011