Tattoos

what do you all think about tattoos in general....it doesnt matter what the tattoo is of just what do you think of them?

and do you think its cute or kinda tacky to get your babies foot prints and hand prints tattooed with their first name and birthday?

me and my boyfriend are planning to get our soon to be sons foot prints and hand prints tattooed on us with his name and birthday after he turns 3 months (so his feet and hands are big enough) we think its cute :)

Lizzypuppylove

Asked by Lizzypuppylove at 8:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think they're tacky. So, obviously, I don't have any.
    However, I do understand some people like to express themselves through body art. To each their own.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I like tattoos I have three and thinking of another =) i think the idea of getting your baby's feet and hands on you is a cute idea if done right ya know and think too that if you have another one you will have to do the same for that one and will it compliment the other and do you have a place where you could put the other see what i'm sayin? Just put ALOT of thought into it its permanent but I think it could be done right.
    AmandaV.

Answer by AmandaV. at 8:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I have one. My husband has 2. I like his better than mine. lol. My brother is getting a portfolio together right now to become a tattoo artist. He is amazing at it. I have a friend who has her son's footprint and name tattooed on her foot. It's adorable. :) (I know that was a lot of random answers in one, so I guess what I think about them is that if you want one, go for it. If you don't, then don't. LOL.) I'm glad I got mine. My mom bought it for me when I turned 18. She passed away almost a year ago, so I think of her when I look at it.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• well im getting mine done on my right shoulder blade, my boyfriend is getting it on the right side of his chest, then when and if we have more kids ill get the next one in the middle of my back, then on the left shoulder blade(if we even have 2 more lol)...and my boyfriend will get just hands or feet and their names under or next to our sons tattoo :)
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Kword- me and my mom are going to get a tattoo together after my babies born :) were both getting 4 roses with our families initials "EJ" we just have to figure out the design :)
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I personally like tattoos. My brother is going to do what you did just not with the feet and hand prints since his little girls are older. He's getting their names down his arms. I think it is sweet!
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I like tattoos. I have one of a bear claw on my back that my friend did. I want to get it fixed up but not sure what I want to do.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• That sounds like a great one. the main thing is to make sure that it's going to be something that you will truly want with you the rest of your life. GL!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I loooove tattoos. I think footprints and the like are cute, but a little over done, so I didn't get them (instead I got something that reminded me of DD).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I got my first tat when I was 39, it's a heart over my heart with my DH name. My second tat is hearts with thorns around my ankle with my kids names in each heart.
    If YOU want it and like it, that's all that matters
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 11:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2011