Get 6month old to try meats?

My 6 month old is able to start his meats, his dr said last week when i called. He can also have mashed potatoes, and unsweetened applesauce or no sugar added.
SO today he tried the Chicken Noodle stage 2 meats. He eats it but makes funny faces the first time i give him a bite. After awhile he still makes the faces, and spits it out at me or coughs. Eventually he cries. i manage to get him to eat a half jar.
What do i do, do i try another meat and go back to the chicken noodle a month from now, or try getting him to eat it with out his actions.
Any suggestions on what i should do, and how to do it if keep him on it.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 8:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't force anything he doesn't like. Try again in a month.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 8:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I waited until DD was 8 months before starting meats just so she would get a good texture feel for other stuff first.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Have you ever tried baby food? I'd spit it out too. Invest in a grinder. They aren't that expensive and all you need to do is grind up a little of what you're having. It's much, much tastier. New foods take time so don't stress.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Wait another month then reintroduce one for a week straight. He isn't ready yet. And they don't need the baby food for nutrition, he is getting what he needs in formula. Babyfood is to get them accustomed to eating that texture. I didn't introduce any sort of meet until 8 months. And neither of my boys liked that babyfood meet stuff. I waited until I knew they could eat it, and blended what we ate in a blender and added it to their veggies or potatoes. But I also made their fruit and veggie babyfood a lot too.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i mash it really well or use a food mill...my babies don't like the chunky texture til older
    31Erica

Answer by 31Erica at 8:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Have you tried the meats? They are disgusting. I never gave them to my kids - yuck. Stick to fruits and veggies. If you must, then mix meat with a fruit.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would never give meat out of a jar, that stuff is gross! I would just break off a soft piece of chicken breast, the size of a small pea, smash it between my fingers and give it to baby.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2011