3 questiong

this is a topic that really annoys me and there a lot of confessing about it to people i talk to i don't think its complicated but anyway i want to see who knows the answer to see if ifs just people being daft where i live what is classed as a full brother / sister ?

what is classed as a half brother / sister ?

what is classed as a step brother / sister ?

feralkitten

Asked by feralkitten at 8:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• full is same mom and dad
    half is one different parent
    step is your step dad or moms child no blood relation to you
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• full-same mom and dad
    half-share 1 parent
    step-no blood relation,1 parent is remarried to their parent

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• lol my poor kids 4 are whole and 4 are really half, however i better never hear them say that because they all were carried by me...
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• *a half sibling is when they share only ONE parent ex: same mom but different dads or vice versa.
    *a step sibling is when bio mom or dad marry someone else who has kids also. the kids from the non bio parent are step siblings and the non bio parent is a step parent.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• full-both same parents which means exact same blood
    half-one of the same parent(like my son is going to be my boyfriends daughters half brother)
    and then step is no blood relation
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 8:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• see this is what i'm getting at my step kids mum as 4 kids to 3 dif dads and me and dh have 2 sons together . people will say there brother and sister when there talking about bm kids and say half  about my 2 . or they will say half about the mum kids and my boys are steps  and yes i had people tell me there only half if they got the same mum ! if there the same dad there steps the thing is it would totally not bother me if the 2 step kids lived with there mum and only seen my boys at week ends but they don't even see there mum . my kids do not use the half word when it comes to my 2 or the older sister of the mum who lives with her gran .  i don't think the kids need to know about them titles it just bothers me what other adults say it . it make me sad that people a kid less of a brother or sister if there the dads kids than they do of a mum's kids

feralkitten

Comment by feralkitten (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Full Sibling is a sibling who shares both the biological mother and father with you.
    Half Sibling is a sibling who only shares one biological parent with you.
    Step Sibling is a sibling that shares no biological parents with you, such as an adopted sibling.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011