Is there any danger foods u should avoid even after 12 months?

i am a very nervous mother when it comes to solid foods. my daughter is a great eater and i dont think i feed her alot of things due to fear of a reaction or allergy to the food.she will be 1 year in a month.. i know peanut butter is suggested to not be given till 2 years due to choking, but is there any other foods to avoid still after 1 year? also, what about certain fruits? still havent done strawberries or pineapple or anything acidic

cnv13085

Asked by cnv13085 at 8:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didnt follow any of the rules they are not scientifically backed except for honey which is scientifically backed my kids eat everything from avocados and berries to peanuts and hazel nuts no allergies no problems with food or gut
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Peanuts until age 3
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• peanuts, honey (until 2), and maybe seafoods.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Go to www.wholesomebabyfood.com there is food charts there with lots of great info. My pedi reccomended this website.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• As far as choking hazards:

hotdogs
    grapes
    hard candies
    popcorn
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• my dd eats everything!! she is 14 months! all kinds of fruit and veggies, meat, nuts, honey u name it that girl eats it!!! the only thing she cant have so far is grapes it gives her a diaper rash to much acid! but other then that she is doing great! u can get ur child tested at the doc of different allergies if u want!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• At 12 months old my kids got anything that was not a choking hazard.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• its better to avoid oily food always
    lydiasinger

Answer by lydiasinger at 5:25 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• "I gave my boys strawberries pretty early and they were fine with them. theyre 18 months, we still haven't done grapes because of choking hazards."

You can cut grapes into quarters and let them at it that way. That's how my daughter eats them, and she's 9 months old.

The only "banished food" rule I really follow is "No honey before 1". She's tried pretty much everything else.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:38 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Unless there's a history of food allergies in the family I wouldn't worry about it (except the honey because it is proven). My kids have eaten everything from as soon as they could manage to eat it without choking and have never had any allergies. I did try to avoid peanut butter before 2 with the older ones but it became impossible with the younger ones because they'd steal the older kids' sandwiches or they'd give it to the little ones.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2011