Have you dropped a lot of weight in a short time & kept it off?

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I tried to lose weight fast. Whether you decide to fast or take one of those weight loss pills it is very unhealthy. If you want to lose weight and keep it off the healthy way it takes time and dedication. The ideal goal is to lose 1 to 2 lbs per week. I tried to lose weight the fast way, I decided to cleanse my body and I lost 3 lbs in 5 days, the minute I ate I gained all the weight back.

Its hard to lose weight, but if you workout and watch your calorie in take you should be fine. Portion control is very important. Get your thyroid checked at your next checkup. I recently joined Bally's and I also work out on my WII system. I lost the 3 lbs I originally lost and I am keeping it off. Its hard to workout when you have children to look after, if you can find a workout partner that would be great and some gyms have a child room where you can drop your child off while you workout.
    KaydeAnn

Answer by KaydeAnn at 11:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It isn't healthy to lose weight fast and when you do, it is always regained plus some.
    Anonymous

• I lost a lot of weight and kept it off (until I got pregnant 3+ years later) BUT it took two years to loose the weight (55lbs). I didn't diet though, just comitted myself to a healthy lifestyle. Did cardio (swimming) 3x a week and learned to eat right sized portions and healthy (non-processed) foods.
    EBee12

Answer by EBee12 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• About 3 years ago I gained 12 extra pounds. I did the south beach diet in order to help me change my eating habits and within the first week I had a ton of energy. After the second week not only had I lost all 12 lbs My body completely changed. That particular diet helped me change my eating habits because of the way i felt by cutting certain things out that i didn't realize were actually doing my body an injustice. I've never gone back to my old eating habits, which basically means i don't eat any white starches anymore. That was key for me. I never ate fast food or fried foods in the first place which was good. Ice cream is my weakness so I stick to sherbet or frozen yogurt always.
    Mrsorr

Answer by Mrsorr at 2:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2011