Insanity workout vs. Turbo Fire

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried either (or both) Insanity or Turbo Fire by Beachbody? I've been doing Insanity going on my second week. It's a very challenging workout and I am drenched in sweat after every workout but I'm not seeing the weight come off.
I should say that I'm 44 and haven't been able to workout since I got pregnant and had my son who will be 4 in August. When I lost weight and got in shape at the age of 26, it seemed to be alot easier as far as the weight dropping off.  Although, back then I did high intensity step aerobics for 45 minutes (once a day to start and then it turned into twice a day 5 days a week). So, I guess my question is do I need to do more than one workout a day or am I just being too impatient or a little of both? HELP!

momneedstimeout

Asked by momneedstimeout at 9:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• insanity!
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 10:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Turbo Fire can be fun if your willing to learn the steps.. I find it very annoying.. I want to just workout.
    The "newbie" dvd was getting me frustrated. I was so lost I couldnt keep up with what my legs/arms should be doing!
    So i was pretty upset. Ive always loved dancing & moving & thought that would be good.. I was soo wrong! :(

p90x is good & it will get you worked out!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Insanity is not a true weight loss workout though. It is more for toning and losing inches- not weight. Also, if you follow the eating plan you will most likely lose more weight. Do you drink enough water? Did you figure out your BMR like the instructional manual tells you? If you are not eating enough you will not lose the weight.
    I love Insanity. This is my second round of it. The first time I did it, I *did* lose 12 lbs and 2". When I started I was 130 lbs and when I finished the 60 days, I was 118 lbs. I'm doing it again, just for kicks and to tone up this time.
    Running is a great way to lose weight BTW. I lost 45 lbs just from running.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Thanks for you input and info. Really appreciate it~
    momneedstimeout

Comment by momneedstimeout (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yep, I'm 43 (with 3 kids) and sure having a harder time losing weight than 20 years ago!

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2011