How much leeway do you allow for your hobbies?

Do you rearrange furniture for, say, a quilting table to fit in? Or make a whole room just for crafting things like scrapbooking? I have put hooks in my ceiling to hang plants from, hung up lights, and rearranged furniture to make it all fit. How accommodating are you for your stuff, and does your DH fuss about it?

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 9:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'm lucky enough to have a studio for my crafts. Most of my stuff stays in there. But; when I'm knitting, crocheting, or doing the handwork on a quilt, it's not unusual for me to leave the work in my favorite spot in front of the TV in the family room.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I used to have a scrapbooking / hobby room...then we got pregnant with our 2nd. That wouldn't have been bad if we would
    have stopped there (the boys could have shared a room) but we wanted a 3rd child...and well, I had to give it up. Now I go to
    crops or scrap on the kitchen table. The mood hits often...until the thought of pulling it all out..........just for a bit and then clean
    it all up.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have all my hobby stuff in totes and boxes and when I feel motivated I take over the living room or dining room with all of it. lol. Our place is really too small to have an area just for my stuff. Even his music stuff (guitars, amps..) are in a corner in the living room until he feels the inspiration to really get it out.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 9:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I have a corner of our basement for my scrapping hobby. DH installed shelves on the walls to hold my supplies, 2 tables to scrap on and they hold my machines about 12 feet of table space.
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have a desk in the corner of our bedroom dedicated to my scrapbooking.. I keep other scrap stuff (bind-it-all) up on my side of closet & my cricut cartridges stay in another room since I have a gypsy.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• A model of a NASA Air Craft .

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 4:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I work on crafts about once a month.  A couple of hours.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 4:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2011