How do you get everything (or almost everything) done?

How do you get everything done? What is your schedule?

I have three kids and my husband works 12 hour shifts. I am a stay-at-home mom. I have a 5 year old, three year old (with special needs that needs constant supervision), and a 2 year old. I feel like I can't keep up with the housework, school work, family stuff, activities, etc.

Any suggestions?

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't. lol.

Due to my lack of a useful answer, I will give you a bump. :) Good luck Momma!
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't either. I make a list of what has to get done this week, and hope it does. I don't have nearly as much on my plate as you. I only have a ten year old, and I care for a family elder with Alzeihmer's. Some weeks are easy and everything gets done; others (like this week) I barely get a thing done.

Just breathe. You have a lot to consider - do what must get done, I hope it gets easier for you.
    neubren3

Answer by neubren3 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• well right now it is kind of easy since my almost 6 year old is in school all day and all I have at home is my 3 year old although I haven't had no energy what so ever lately (I am almost 6 months pregnant). My kids are older so I can make them help me. Not sure how it will be when the baby is born. I will probably be doing most of my stuff I need to get done in the mornings because I am enrolling my 3 year old in preschool Monday thru Friday from 8-1130. Plus I have weekends my husband helps me most weekends without me asking so that helps lol. He works 8 hours a day Monday thru Friday then 4 hours on saturdays. Half the time if the house is even a little messy when he gets home from work after 8 hours he will clean without my asking.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i have 3 adult kids at home and hubby pluse i no longer due to pains in my body
    they do the dishes clean house and laundry
    but i remember when they where younger i did the hole house ,cook meals cut grass and looked after farm animals
    while fun loving family sat on their ass while i worked plus i also had part time job in between
    my loving hubby wanted sex ,i told him if i could just lay there and not move and sleep he could wait till hell frezzes over till or help out around the house and he can have all sex he wanted i won he helps out ,yes he worked longer 12yrs a day
    so get hubby to help yes tried but he is father of those kids just read a book or bath them and is okay to leave the dishes in the sink
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• well, I have 5 kids, and DH is active army, and They are ages (8,5,4,1 and4 monthes) I hoestl keep on schedual! I clean 2 hours in the morning, and my kids have a routine so that I can accomplish everything, I do the sportsand school activities and schedual those accordingly, and We do family day on Sunday which is usually the zoo picnics/ theme parks..etc. I refuse to have a messy/ dirty home, and I refue to let my yard go to crap, so I guess you have to really want it in order to maintain it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I haven't gotten it all figured out yet but I'm working on it. I have three kids myself and also three daycare kids. Most of them are 5 and under. My husband puts in a lot of hours at work also. One thing that has helped me keep things more orderly is if I make my main cleaning time in the morning since that is when I have the energy to do it. My husband gets frustrated with that because he likes to come home to a clean house after a long day. I get that but I can only do so much. So clean clean in the morning and a quick pick up in the evening.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I suggest a Maya Wrap. I know it sounds a bit crazy but when I was given one my life, and my husband's life improved ten fold. I would strap my youngest to my chest and have the other kid ride around on my back so they would be supervised and have fun riding around while I did chores. Yes, it was hard, but everything got done. Plus after about a week not only did I start loosing weight but wow did I get stronger.
    blainesgirl

Answer by blainesgirl at 2:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• hire a nanny and always keep watch @ least the work load will be reduced
    linah12345

Answer by linah12345 at 5:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• a very large wall calendar, a white board and dry erase markers and coffee.. lol..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 1:09 AM on Apr. 16, 2011