Ways for my boyfriend and children to get to know each other better ...

I have a 3 year old son and a 5 year old daughter... My husband ( their father) abondoned us when I first got pregnant with my second baby and as soon as I had him, he signed over his rights and we got divorced and I have been single up to this point .

I have found an amazing man who treats me very well, and we do feel like we have a good future together .... I met him through our familes because my grandma and his mom and life long friends , he was serving overseas and we started talking online and on the phone while he was gone and fianlly met when me came home and so my kids have met him , but havent really spent any time with him.

So he already came up with going to the zoo , and to rent some kid movies for like pizza-movie night....... but we really cant figure out other things that would be fun for all of us ... any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Ya'll could have a bbq followed by a bonfire with lots of goodies and stories =) Those are always my favorite.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 9:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Going out for icecream, go swimming, childrens museum, go shopping at the mall, build something (lowes has kids building kits), plant a garden, craft projects.... anything just spend time with them, do the things they wanna do! Playgrounds & picnics make for perfect days in my opinion!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Me and my SO and daughter go on "dates", lol. We go to Chuck-E-Cheese (just got back from there actually), the mall, etc. Any place where they can have fun together and really get involved and interact with each other. The zoo is a good idea as well!
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• bowling, park, game night, amusement park, hike, swimming....anything where everyone can just hang out and get a better feel for each other.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Have him and the children cook dinner together. A great way to find out more about the man you *may* love is to watch him interact with your child in a potentially messy situation :o)
    AutymsMommy

Answer by AutymsMommy at 10:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2011