Does anyone find it disturbing that a 17 yo girl would be TTC?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• YES!!!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yes unless there was a REALLY good reason
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Umm yep.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yep. Although I knew a girl at my alternative school for teen moms that was 14 and was pregnant because her and her soon to be spouse planned the pregnancy!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 9:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• K I'm slow whats TTC?
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i find any teen to TRYS to get pregnant stupid :/ but thats just my opinion...and some people are gonna say i shouldn't be talking since im 18 and pregnant, but i didnt plan to get pregnant
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 10:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• bizima4-im assuming it means trying to conceive but i could be wrong O.o
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 10:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes and no. For a 17 year old who has not finished school and is not in a marriage (or at least in a long term relationship where she does not live with her parents), yes it is disturbing. On the other hand, my mil got married at 16 and a year later at 17 had my husband. So, I am grateful for that. Of course, my mil was a bit more mature than the 17 year old who is on here and keeps making multiple accounts and then calls everyone fucking stupid and bad mothers.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I do find that really disturbing. But you have to know that I am a MUCH older woman with adult kids and grandkids born within marriages and I have really strict moral and social standards. I believe that sex and love belong together within a committed relationship, leading to marriage and that children should be planned after marriage.
    So, that's why I find a 17 year old trying to conceive to be disturbing ....and a really bad idea.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't say it was disgusting per say but it is sad that a 17 yr old would feel the need to get pregnant at such a young age on purpose. Whether it is to keep a guy (which never works in the end really), or to have someone who loves them unconditionally, or just because all their friends are or whatever else goes through a 17 yr old's head that is purposely trying to get pregnant there is never a good reason to get pregnant that young. At that age , getting a good education should be top priority so that when she IS ready to have a baby (maturity wise and emotionally) she will have the education and means to take care of the baby with or without the father's financial help. I am in no way saying a 17 yr old can't be a good mother, I just can't think of why a 17 yr old would want to have a baby at that young of an age on purpose. I had my oldest child at the age of 22 and I love all 4 of my kids with all of my soul but I th
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 10:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011