Do you think women who dress provocatively are "begging for trouble"?

As in getting raped? Do you think an eleven-year old girl who has been accused of dressing provocatively deserves to be gang raped by nineteen men?

That's what this article was saying.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20050743-504083.html

"The case has prompted nationwide outrage. Some in the town have defended the accused, claiming that the suspects didn't know how old she was and that she dressed provocatively."

No girl or woman DESERVES TO BE RAPED, regardless of how she dresses.  Men need to learn how to treat women!!  Instead of just teaching the women self-defense and how to protect ourselves and to not go out at night, why doesn't this damn society teach MEN HOW TO TREAT WOMEN BETTER!!!  Stop blaming the victim and blame the people actually responsible!

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 9:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• You should be able to walk butt naked down the street and no one should touch you. But having said that saying this looks bad for all men like none of them can control themselves.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• THAT IS THE STUPIEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD! NO CHILD OR WOMAN DESERVES TO BE RAPED NO MATTER HOW THEY ARE DRESSED. IF SHE WALKED DONWN THE STREET NAKED SHE STILL DIDN'T DESERVE IT!
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• She was a minor and they did not care enough to find out her age.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 9:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Imogine . . .absolutely, 100 percent agree with you. It is sick to blame a rape victim for the assault . . . . although I see it happening, over and over.

There is a terrible social tendency for people to do that . . . it makes people feel like they are "safe".

Craziness. It pisses me off like you wouldn't believe.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• YEah it's like, ummm did she look over 21? I highly doubt it. Men are fucking dogs sometimes!
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• The way a woman or girl dresses is not the issue....and age is not important to the men who want to rape either. They will rape an 85 year old gramma or a 10 year old girl....rape is not really a sexual act--it is an act of conquest , violence and anger.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Since rape really has to do with control and not so much to do with sex or attraction~~I'm inclined to say those that defend the accused are certifiable.
    There is a representative in my sisters district that, in his opinion, thinks rape victims should NOT be called or considered 'victims' because of how it makes the 'accused' look. Ummmm.....I'd like to know how many times his wife has, in not so few words, told him no when he wanted sex? B@stard.

Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Thankfully it's not all men, but I really believe that everyone could use a class or something that teaches respect for everyone and the like. I think that maybe a class similar to home economics, sex education or parenting should be required in high school or junior high that teaches everything from safe sex to self defense and everything in between (including self respect and respect for others). It's not all things that could be taught, but I think it's stuff that needs to be covered, discussed, etc. in an unbiased way.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Before I start, I agree no one has the right to harm someone else based on how they are dressed, and in this situation I do agree it's a pathetic attempt to rationalize what they did.

But here's where Me as a parent will not allow my daughters to wear things that look slutty, or make them appear older such as the padded bras they market to little girls, or just too grown up, make up etc. I don't need some sick pervert of a guy ogling my daughter thinking nasty thoughts about her. Just makes me cringe at the thought.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• They raped her. That has nothing to do with the way she was dressed or how old she was (EVEN IF THEY KNEW). It has to do with them being sick twisted people and taking advantage of someone who couldn't defend herself. There is no excuse for someone to rape someone else. PERIOD.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 10:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011