Why does my heart race when I drink coke

(the pop) lol anyway I use to drink it all the time I was addicted to it. Beofre having my 3 year old I was addicted to coca-cola and that was all I drank nothing else during the day (I know that is bad) I drank it even through my pregnancy. Anyway. I am trying not to drink it this time around I am 22 weeks and 1 day pregnant. But once in a while I will drink it, but ever since I stopped drinking it so much I noticed my heart races/ At first it was doing this and I couldn't figure out what it was first my heart feels like it skips a beat then it heats one time really hard then it just starts beating fast, but I am noticing that it is everytime I drink pop (only coke though) and when I don't drink it or I drink another pop this doesn't happen. Can anyone tell me why this might be?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Health

• sugar and caffeine! (dont drink it)
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 10:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Caffeine..too much intake at one time. It happens to me if I drink coffee or any caffeinated drink too fast.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 10:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes you can be sensitive to caffiene. That happened to me when I was pregnant and I had to stop drinking it. Especially since your heart beats faster during pregnancy anyway, caffiene can make it worse.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• oh even when this happens sometimes I have a hardtime breatrhing after. where I have to take a couple deep breaths
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Probably sensitive to the caffeine
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• you can be sensitive to caffine? Especially when I was addicted to it for 3 years? I just stopped drinking so much of it when I found out I was pregnant
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• caffiene
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 1:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Caffeine. (Sugar won't do that).
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2011