Should cafemom have a better way at banning certain people?

I have been on a few sites where if you were banned, you wouldn't be able to just go create a new account within seconds. Your account was based on your IP address or something like that so once that IP address was banned, it was impossible to create another one. In your opinion, should cafemom have a better way at banning people or does it not really matter because things like this only happen a few times?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in About CafeMom

• YES! How bored do you have to be to keep making email addresses in order to make an account here? What a dummy.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• They supposedly do have an ip tracker, but I can change my IP address. And Im sure many people can do it to. It's nearly impossible to keep someone off a site even if they are supposedly banned. Not everyone on the internet is computer stupid when it comes to doing covert things. You can even hide you IP tag from everyone on the internet pretty easily. Even from CM
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• vbruno, I will admit, I am computer stupid! I did not know these things.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Even if they do ban your IP address, it's not hard to hide it or get a program that will change it. Some morons just have way too much time on their hands.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It's ok....90% of folks on the internet today can barely install a program much less fix things on it when they mess up. Im very PC literate, Mom was a computer programmer back in the 70's and I was on the internet, or the WWW as it was called back in the late 70's and 80's. Ive watched the internet grow onto the giant porno ad that it is today. Even in the 80's when it was a BBS or bulletin board service there were trolls and trouble makers. There will always be. Its just a fact of life.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You can change your IP address really easily. Also take into consideration most residences don't always have the same IP address. It's actually very rare for them to have the same IP address on a day to day basis. Whether it changes daily or every few months, that's usually something very inconsistent.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• They BAN people? I didn't know that. Hmmmm. And what is an IP address? I am still learning......
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• God I feel like a dummy lol....I had no idea that you could change your IP address!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It's pretty much impossible. It's not very hard to get a new IP address.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Here's the thing though, the average internet troll here on Cafemom is a spastic teenager and they have no CLUE on how to change an IP address. So if they block the IP address, it will stay blocked.
    Anonymous