Would it weird you out to get this email from a stranger? (car seat related)

I sent this email to a person on craigslist who had an ad for an Evenflo car seat for from 20-50 pounds. They stated they were also willing to trade for a high back booster seat. My husband saw the email and said I shouldn't have sent it because the person will be creeped out. Thoughts? I was just trying to be nice and maybe save the person some money.

"Hello, my name is Lisa and I saw your ad for the Evenflo car seat you have for sale. I am a certified car seat technician and to my knowledge there is only one Evenflo seat that is rated from 20-50 pounds, the Maestro. I have it for my son. You are getting ready to switch your son to a booster seat right? Did you know that the Maestro (assuming that's the seat you have) can be converted into a booster seat? You shouldn't need to buy a separate one. All you have to do is remove the harness from the maestro and the shell of the seat will become your child's booster seat. Lisa"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• There is not anything creepy about it! I think it's wonderful that you have so much knowledge and are so helpful!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I don't think its creepy. You're just trying to help someone out :)
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 10:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• A nice gesture on your part. Hope she didnt cop an attitude over it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i wouldn't be creeped out...actually, if i knew that and saw the ad i'd probly email something similiar....i'd be glad for the help
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I haven't received an email back yet.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No, I wouldn't be weirded out by it at all. If anything I'd be appreciative of it. I like not having to spend money!
    I once sent a message to a lady who had an iPod shuffle priced higher than a brand new different model. I have no idea what possessed me to do it, weird mood I guess, but she was SO nice and thanked me and updated the price so she could actually sell it. LOL
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 10:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I think it seems okay.
    Anonymous

• she's probably busy and hasnt had the time to read it.
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I wasn't expecting an email back this fast. I only sent that like an hour ago.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Not creepy at all, very helpful and nice. Kudos to you for being a good person :)
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2011