Baby's Fingers

My daughter is 4 weeks old, and one of her hands are messed up. The left middle finger won't bend at middle joint and her left ring finger won't bend at the top joint. Has anyone ever experienced this with their child?

DellaF88

Asked by DellaF88 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, but you might want to call her pedi. Did they notice this at birth or at her first appointment?
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 11:57 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Actually, it was my older sister who noticed it when she was holding her. I got it checked just after she was three weeks old. My doctor called an pediatric orthopedist and they said that its soft tissue tethering or something like that and that it'll need surgery. But they haven't done any x-rays, so I don't know if I'd quite agree to surgery just yet.
    DellaF88

Answer by DellaF88 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2008