Can you get pregnant 3 days before ovulation?

my last period on march 20th and lasted til the 23rd i had intercourse the 30th did the ovulating test on saturday came out positive:) i have a 26 day cycle if i count right my next period is due the week of the 10th through the 14th so i think im pregnant but i don't know i get these cramps in my lower stomache.but i don't know if thats normal and my breasts are tender and feel a little heavey then usual so yea i don't know this would be my first pregnancy.

maymay2010

Asked by maymay2010 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• To get pregnant, you need to have sex before you ovulate, with the two to three days prior to ovulation being your most fertile days.
    oldgloryusa

Answer by oldgloryusa at 10:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes. How exciting! Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• so i could be pregnant cause ihad intercourse on march 30th and took the test april 2nd
    maymay2010

Comment by maymay2010 (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Having semen "waiting" for your egg to drop is a good thing. Hopefully you got the job done. And if you're hoping for a girl, you might have gotten that done, too! They say that girl "swimmers" are slower but live longer, so the farther out you are from ovulation when you have sex, the better your chances for a girl. Contrarily, the male "swimmers" are faster but don't live as long, so you're "supposed to" wait until you are right on top of ovulation for a boy.

Best of luck mama!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• OMG! No wonder I got 2 boys lol! I had no idea. With both of them I waited until I had the thick white CM then went in for the kill. I guess this time around I will have to buy an ovulation test kit so I know it's coming before hand and try for my little girl!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• those early symptoms sound just like the ones I have had with mine. My son's pregnancy was the worst one that way. Tender breasts, dizzy, nauseous, and just a feeling of blah. I couldn't get a positive test for two weeks after my missed period though. I just show up late for some reason, even on the first pee of the day!! Congrats if you are!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No, because to get pregnant the egg has to have been released. You don't get pregnant b4 you ovulate.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Some people don't ovulate when you are supposed to. I ovulate late.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Absolutely.

Statistically speaking, the "best" time to have sex if you want to conceive is in the days leading up to ovulation, with the single best chance of conception coming from having sex one day before ovulation. (It was a 1996 study, still "current" in terms of data and conclusion, that concluded that the day before ovulation presented the single best statistical chance of conception.)
    When a mature egg is released, if it is not fertilized, it will survive for only a matter of hours (between 8 and 24, depending on the info you read). By contrast, sperm can survive for as long as five days in a fertile environment. Also, it takes sperm a bit of time to arrive at the fallopian tubes. Thus, the best chances for conception arise when the sperm is "deposited" preceding ovulation so that, if any make the long trek to the promised land, they can be awaiting the release of an egg(s).
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2012