Needle and thread test. Does it work?

The needle and thread test reacts the same way every time I do it and I'm curious if it worked correctly to predict birth order/gender of your babies.

Those who don't know the test here is what you do:
Take a needle and thread it so when you hold the knot it is about 6 inches long.
Holding the knot in-between you thumb and pointer fingers of your right hand, Run the needle across your wrist three times.
Then hold the thread as still as possible and watch the magic unfold!

A circular motion is a girl and back and forth is a boy.

Mine goes boy, girl, boy and then the needle just completely stops moving everytime. My first child is a boy and I'm pregnant with #2 (find out on the 14th what it is!) So I'll see next week how accurate the test is.
Try the test out and let me know if it was accurate for you!

bootsky

Asked by bootsky at 11:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You have a 50/50 chance either way. I dont think superstitions like this are accurate.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It did on me with my son :)
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i did this and it said i would have a boy but come to find out its a girl lol i do not believe this works lol
    youngmom051208

Answer by youngmom051208 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It worked for me! I did it probably about 50 times too and kept getting the same results: girl girl boy. Coincidence or not, I thought it was eerily accurate =P
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I did my test using my wedding ring on a gold chain. It also works by holding it right above your open palm. Mine was always a circular motion and I had a boy.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• my mother in law ( well at the time she wasnt ) did this on me when i was pregnant and it showed me having a boy before i found out what i was having and it said i was having a boy and thats exactly what i had..... my next pregnancy if i have another child is suppose to be twin girls so u can see why im a little uneasy having another child. twins run in both sides of my family so im kinda in double trouble. so im convinced it works!
    confusedmom83

Answer by confusedmom83 at 3:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2011