Jealous much?

So my fiance went on Monday & got a gym membership. Hes gone to the gym every night, which is only twice, and plans on going 5 maybe 6 nights a week. Ive ALWAYS ben the type to take much care of my body. Now that Im 5 months pregnant & beginning to show, I feel loads of jealousy cause he can keep his body image while Im losing mine. I understand COMPLETELY that the health of my child comes b4 my image, but I no Im not the only mother to be that has this problem.
Is it okay to be jealous of him? Especially with swim suit season peaking around the corner?

LilMama0620

Asked by LilMama0620 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Perfectly fine. And its also perfectly fine to punch him if he rubs it in when he gets his 6-pack and you have a watermelon :)
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• O id lve it if he got a six pack, which shouldn be hard hes not got an ounce of fat on him. BUt yes if he rubs it in he will pay the consequences lol
    LilMama0620

Comment by LilMama0620 (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• We have always been a fit couple, he is a marathon runner, and has never had a hard time packing on muscle and staying in shape. For some reason, this pregnancy, he has gained 20 lbs and when he sat down the other day, he had a little roll and his shorts folded over. I LOVED every minute of that...and rubbed it in that man-boobs were next. I am as big as a barn this time...so I feel your pain...this is my first pregnancy he hasn't looked fantastic while I morphed into a ball.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No, don't worry for that. Jealousy is an emotion that will be feel by the baby inside. It will be a burden to you and you will not
    be relaxed as you are carrying a baby. Unload those emotions of mine, just feel sexy and smile.
    Sew-sun

Answer by Sew-sun at 11:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Once the baby's born, let him take over so you can work on getting back in shape. It's only fair since you carried the child for 9 months..... One way to alleve this natural jealousy is to ask if there's some form of exercise that you two can do together, like walking. I think this may also be tied into the time you lose to spend time with him, not really about being in shape. I could be wrong. I would wonder if he is really going to the gym to stay in shape or to escape responsibilities of taking care of you and the baby.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I'm thinking you will still have a body image just watermelon shaped (sorry, trying to be funny, not offensive). If you are already fit, show it off. Be proud to be carrying your child. Seems to me, bikinis are made for pregnant women!
    msm67

Answer by msm67 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• He goes to the gym while Im asleep and our child isnt born yet so no he isnt "trying to escpape his responsibilities". & Thank you ladies, I was beggining to think I was the only one jealous of their other half!
    We do walk together, a mile every day and ive kept my figure pretty well thru this pregnancy, Im 5 months and am barely showing.
    & Yes I completely agree that swimsuits were made for us!
    LilMama0620

Comment by LilMama0620 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Honestly, I felt really sexy while I was pregnant. Kind of that whole fertility goddess vibe going. :) It's okay to miss not being able to wear your skinny jeans and whatnot, but also embrace what you're going through. It's a beautiful experience. :)
    CPCrane

Answer by CPCrane at 10:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2011